Posted by Jenna (Does Books)
Even on the day of the event, I had fully believed I would NOT be attending the Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky) and Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me) signing this past weekend on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at Books and Books, Inc. in Coral Gables, Florida. But thanks to a last minute change of heart on the part of my dear husband, I was able to make the 6 hour drive from Tampa to the Miami area. Along the way, I met up with fellow bloggers, Sarah Nicolas (YA Rebels) and Sarah (The Book Life) and her two fabulous friends. We had such a blast! I must say, if you ever have the chance to see these two authors together during the Into the Future Book Tour, DO NOT PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY. They are a riot and two seriously awesome ladies.
GIVEAWAY ALERT! I picked up an extra autographed copy of each author’s book, plus some Shatter Me swag to give away here on Making the Grade! (Check out the photo of the items to the left.) One lucky winner will receive this Into the Future Prize Pack; which includes both signed books, plus the Shatter Me key chain also pictured!
A few fun facts about Veronica Rossi and Tahereh Mafi:
- For one thing, these two ladies have been touring for so long now this year, that they officially refer to each other as a “married couple”. If all marriages were as good as theirs, this would be a happy world indeed (and full of laughter, too!)
- If you didn’t know already, Veronica Rossi’s second book in her series is titled Through the Ever Night. Tahereh Mafi’s next book is titled Unravel Me.
- Shatter Me was originally titled Touching Juliette. Which brought up such questions as: “Who is touching Juliette?”, “Where are they touching her?” and “Does Juliette want to be touched?” The change to Shatter Me was probably a wise decision…
- Tahereh Mafi has the best fashion sense EVER. From her Kate Spade typewriter purse to her super stylish yellow wedged sneaks (wish I had gotten a ph0to of those!)… I need her advice to help me fill my closet!
- A certain bird tattoo in Shatter Me is awkwardly inspired by an identical tattoo on Tahereh’s brother. (Shower scene not included.)
Watch a video of Tahereh Mafi describing her book, Shatter Me:
One winner will receive a signed copy of Under the Never Sky & Shatter Me, + swag.
Open to US residents aged 13 and older only.
Giveaway ends at midnight on Friday, May 18, 2012.
Tags: Author Event, Autographed Book, Book Swag, Books and Books, Coral Gables, Debut Author, Dystopian, Giveaway, Harper Teen, Into the Future Book Tour, Miami, Romance, Shatter Me, signed book, Tahereh Mafi, Through the Ever Night, Under the Never Sky, Unravel Me, Veronica Rossi