Make it a Movie Monday
Monday is the beginning of the week, for many of us that means going back to work and less time for reading. (Boooo!) How about we make things a little better and Make it a Movie Monday?
This meme is a weekly meme here at Making the Grade and is inspired by all of the other memes I see on the web, particularly those by The Story Siren (In My Mailbox), The Broke and the Bookish (Top Ten Tuesday) and Breaking the Spine (Waiting on Wednesday). Another reason for the inspiration is the obvious flood of books being turned into movies these days. This gives us a creative outlet to talk about books in a way that is not a review. It’s also a great post to partner with giveaways or author/film industry interviews!
The idea behind the meme is that you take a book, any book, be it one that was released in the past, the present or the future, and imagine what it would be like if that book was made into a movie:
- Who would direct the movie?
- Who would the lead actors be and who would they play?
- What would be changed from the book, or what would not be changed?
- What would make this book a particularly good movie?
- Giveaway an item tied into the book.
- Use your imagination!
Or, if you can’t seem to get your creativejuices flowing, you can also take a book that IS, in fact, a movie (again in the past, present or future) and highlight particular things about an existing movie:
- Showcase movie trailers, filming details or actors.
- Review the movie!
- Provide trivia or other informational bru-haha.
- List differences between book and movie.
- Interview an author or film industry rep.
- Giveaway an item tied into the book or movie.
- The sky is the limit, there is so much that can be talked about!
- You can even talk about your dream cast or your own ideas about a book that has already been made into a movie. Kind of like your own little rewrite/do-over!
There is no right or wrong way to do Make it a Movie Monday. Heck, you could vlog your post if you wanted to, it would be awesome to see you put on your own rendition of a book-to-movie! Most important is that you HAVE FUN!
Got that? Think you might like to try one yourself?
How MiaMM works:
- Make your own MiaMM post!
- I will post every Monday morning but will take new submissions any day of the work week, not just on Mondays. You could easily call your meme “Make it a Movie Meme!” to take a way the Monday restriction and I would not mind. Just be sure to link back to the Making the Grade blog, so that other people wanting to participate know how!
- Once you have your MiaMM posted, come back to Making the Grade and add your link to the list.
- Please, when you can, try to post a comment on other bloggers MiaMM posts.
- All book bloggers are welcome, not just YA. Though my focus will be on YA.
If you have any questions about Make it a Movie Monday please feel free to contact me via email.