Welcome to the Children’s Book Week Giveaway Hop!
This week, Making the Grade is taking part in the Children’s Book Week Giveaway Hop. Here on the blog, we are giving away a copy of a personal favorite of mine growing up, Charlotte’s Web, by E.B. White. Also included within the book is Stuart Little and The Trumpet of the Swan.
This hop ends on Sunday, May 13, 2012, at midnight.
I was unsure at first as to what I wanted to include in this hop. I could have featured a YA title on the blog for giveaway and left it at that. But then I thought, “No. I want to feature a book that had an impact on me growing up.” In the end, Charlotte’s Web was the perfect choice.
The life lessons I learned fromm reading the story have been lessons that I have carried with me through childhood and as an adult. Lessons about the importance of true friendship, seeing the inner beauty in others, being true to my word, dealing with change and the inevitable cycle of life and death. That’s a whole lot of lessons to take from just one story, but these lessons are what makes Charlotte’s Web a timeless classic. I can’t wait to pass the story on to my daughter as she grows. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to obtain a copy for yourself.
Open to US residents aged 13 and older only.
Giveaway ends at midnight on Sunday, May 13, 2012.
The following is some information I found on the Children’s Book Week web site:
Ideas for Celebrating Children’s Book Week
- Download the official Children’s Book Week bookmark, or make your own charmed bookmark. Better yet, do both!
- When you read a really great book, don’t you want to make sure everyone knows about it? That’s how Seth Cassel felt. That’s why he started FLAMINGNET, a site where teens can tell other teens what they think about the books they read. Go read what they have to say, and find out how you can get involved.
- Or head over to TeenReads.com for reviews, podcasts, author interviews, and much more.
- Want to impress teachers and admissions officers? Stage a Read-In in your school. (And don’t forget to email the pics.)
- Volunteer to read to patients in a hospital or residents in a nursing home. Make a day of it by organizing a group trip of your friends and classmates. It’s a great way to share the joy of reading with people who can’t take their own trip to the library or bookstore.
- Become a YouTube star! Reenact your favorite Bella and Edward scene, stage a book-related talk show with your friends, or come up with your own unique and crazy idea. And of course, don’t forget to email the link.
Posted on May 6, 2012, in Giveaway and tagged Book, Charlotte's Web, Children's Book Week, E B White, Giveaway, Giveaway Hop, Middle Grade, Stuart Little, The Trumpet of the Swan. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.